This autumn, as we emerge from the long, stressful effects of lockdown culture, there has never been a better time to refocus on a holistic approach to health, wellbeing and beauty. It is with this holistic mindset that Consultant Oculoplastic Surgeon, Mr Richard Scawn, in partnership with his wife — multi-exit entrepreneur Debbie Wosskow OBE — created and launched The Clinic at Holland Park. The Clinic takes a fresh approach, offering a highly curated treatment portfolio all under one roof: from cutting-edge aesthetic surgery, to advanced injectables and skincare, alongside hormone and wellness innovations, nutrition, and private healthcare.
The effects of months of Zoom calls, screentime, stress and poor sleep have seen a nation of tired, strained eyes, which are often the first facial area to show accelerated ageing, poor health, or low emotional resilience. The solution? Introducing the Equilibrium EyeLift — the ultimate blend of surgical, holistic and skin-focused treatments to restore facial balance and harmony, created by Tatler-favourite surgeon, Mr Richard Scawn.
The Equilibrium EyeLift includes a surgical treatment, designed to create or restore a smooth eyelid crease (which is usually lost with time) and tailored to balance your face’s natural, youthful profile and your ethnicity. This can include treating drooping or heavy eyelids to ‘open up’ the eye area and create a more open visage; or tackling stubborn under-eye bags for a more alert and youthful effect — or even both, as required! As one of the UK’s most experienced and highly-regarded oculoplastic surgeons, Mr Scawn has performed thousands of eyelift reshaping treatments and has honed his craft to make the process minimally invasive, with a rapid recovery timeframe — the surgical element taking as little as one hour, with just one week of downtime. The procedure is done under local anaesthetic,* in the state-of-the-art operating rooms at The Clinic — where you’ll be able to recuperate in one of our discreet post-op recovery pods, before your final dressing checks and a clinic-concierge service to chauffeur you home. You will also receive a goody-bag of cosmeceutical skincare and aftercare products to continue your treatment at home.
As with all surgical procedures, the importance of proper preparation and aftercare cannot be overstated. Mr Scawn has therefore tapped into the unique skills and expertise of the team at The Clinic to curate a pre-and post-treatment package for the ultimate restorative, holistic experience — and all under the one roof!
The Holistic Powerhouse Package
Two to four weeks pre-surgery, to prepare the body from within, patients will have a consultation with expert clinical nutritionist Yvonne Wake. One week pre-surgery, patients will have a lymphatic drainage massage from celebrity facialist and AllBright favourite Emma Brown, focusing on the eyes and face. Lymphatic massage helps to stimulate circulation, distributing nutrients throughout the body while eliminating toxins; so this activates the inflammatory process to ultimately speed up recovery and promote tissue-healing. Post-operatively, a further lymphatic drainage session with Emma will help prevent adhesion and fibrosis, which lessens any bruising and speeds up recovery for the best possible outcome. Your final treatment is a signature facial from Emma Brown, to give skin the ultimate health boost and an overall result that will have you glowing; and you will receive a voucher for brow-shaping at Shavata Singh Studios (London studios are in Knightsbridge and Chiswick).
The Equilibrium EyeLift: Key Attributes
- Who is it for? This treatment is aimed at patients aged 40+, who have noticed excessive or sagging skin in the upper eyelid area and/or lower-eyelid ageing (such as eyebags, fat pads etc.), which have led to a tired or prematurely aged appearance.
- What’s the result? Smooth, youthful-looking eyes and a harmonious, balanced facial profile, together with increased skin health and functionality, and a luminous glow.
- Downtime? For upper eyelid, downtime is approx. one week. There should be minimal bruising and you can resume wearing makeup and your normal activities. For lower eyelids, or a combination procedure, downtime is usually two weeks.
- Treatment Protocol
- Comprehensive consultation with Mr Scawn
- 4 weeks prior: 1hr nutritional consultation with Yvonne Wake (can be by Zoom)
- 1 week prior: eye-focused lymphatic massage treatment with Emma Brown
- Day of procedure: Equilibrium EyeLift with Richard Scawn (upper eyelid:1 hour; lower eyelid: 2 hours; combined: 2.5 hrs)
- 14 days post-op: Surgical check and recovery with Richard Scawn; lymphatic drainage facial with Emma Brown
- 6 weeks post-op: Signature facial with Emma Brown; voucher for brow-shaping with Shavata Singh
The Equilibrium EyeLift Package
– Launching March 2022 –
Pricing: Upper bleph £ 7K, lower bleph £10K,* combined £15K*
*Lower bleph or combined upper and lower are usually performed under general anaesthetic or intravenous sedation and are conducted at St John’s & St Elizabeth’s Hospital. Follow-up appointments with Mr Scawn will usually be at The Clinic, but can be at St John’s & St Elizabeth’s Hospital. Both treatments include additional lymphatic and facial treatments.
Special offer for Tatler readers: Quote code TATLER22 to receive an additional free lymphatic massage and signature facial treatment when booking the Equilibrium EyeLift.